1. What is Alexandria Community Rowing (ACR)?
2. Where is ACR located?
ACR is located at the Dee Campbell Rowing Facility at One Madison Street in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. To get directions, check our Directions page.
3. How big is ACR?
ACR consists of approximately 175 adults of all ages. About half are sweep rowers and the other half are scullers. Many do both.
4. Is there a waiting list to join ACR?
No, currently there is no waiting list to join the club. However, some programs fills up quickly.
5. When is your rowing season?
Our rowing season is 7 months long – from the beginning of April to the beginning of November.
6. What programs are offered by ACR?
7. How can I join ACR?
8. How much are the dues?
9. Do you have an introductory rowing program?
10. I learned how to row a few years ago but haven't rowed since then. I'd like to start rowing again. What do I need to do?
11. I am returning home from college for the summer and have rowed in college. I would like to row with your Club over the summer. What do I need to do?
12. I have my own boat. May I store it in your boathouse? Who do I need to talk to?
13. Does ACR participate in regattas?
14. What programs does ACR offer during the off-season (November - March)?
In addition, on the first Saturday in February each year, many area rowers compete in the annual Mid-Atlantic Erg Sprints, the second largest CRASH-B satellite indoor rowing regatta. Racers who qualify may win a trip to compete in the Crash-B event in Boston each spring. Registration for Winter Conditioning Programs is available on Ronin Racing.